The Grange Park Horticultural Society (GPHS) is an organisation whose aim is to provide community interest in horticulture, and develop skills in garden and allotment expertise. The allotment site is located in the Grange Park area of North London.
The Society was formed in 1941 following the Dig for Victory campaign. In the early years there was a Poultry Section, a Rabbit Section, and goats and pigs were kept on the allotment site.
The Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society and the Federation of Enfield Allotment and Horticultural Societies.
Membership is only £3 per annum to be payable as £9 for 3 years membership in advance and there are numerous benefits available to members including:-
- Gardening supplies at competitive prices from the Society’s Trading Hut.
- Discount on purchases of Seeds, Plants, Seed Potatoes, Onion Sets and Equipment when purchased through the Society.
- Royal Horticultural Society Garden Entry Card with reduced entry fee.
- Two for One Entry to visit Capel Manor Gardens.
- Occasional Outings.
- An Annual Show for members.
- Occasional Talks, etc.
- Quarterly Newsletter.
- Horticultural Advice.
Occasionally honey may be available from the Trading Hut, obtained from hives kept on the allotment site.
New members are always welcome. Please call the Secretary on 020 8363 4708 who will give you more information regarding membership.
A copy of the Constitution of the Society is available to all members on request to the Secretary.
THE GRANGE PARK HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY THANKS LOCAL BUSINESSES FOR THEIR SUPPORT: